At New World Howick we have a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service and we have an exciting opportunity for a talented manager to join our team.
We are looking for excellence! In this role you willl gain experience similar to running your own business and with the challenge of creating an outstanding team that will deliver growth and customer satisfaction. You will be committed to excellence, setting high standards and displaying strong organisational and communications skills. You will be a role model for others to follow, displaying high presentation standards, honesty and an excellent work ethic.
The Duty Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Grocery department, warehouse and all departments in the absence of department /assistant managers. Responsibilities include day-to-day and promotional displays, maintaining manageable stock levels and minimizing out of stocks whilst controlling expenses and motivating the team.
The primary role of the Duty Manager is to plan, lead, communicate, organize and control the day-to-day running of the relevant sections of the store to achieve the highest possible standards.
Key task areas include:
- Regularly and constructively communicate with all department managers to ensure the smooth running of the departments and the store.
- Manage customer enquiries appropriately and timely and ensure effective interactions with customers at all times. Ensuring customer service standards, and quality are met
- Accurate inwards good receipt and record keeping
- Product quality and storage rotation
- Task allocation
- Managing delivery discrepancies
- Undertake necessary administrative functions of the role
- Carry out store close procedures and security checks.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Proven experience as a Department/Duty Manager in a similar retail environment
- Supervisory experience
- Well developed planning, organisational and time management skills
- Proven ability to motivate a team to achieve results while having fun
- Well developed relationship builder and problem solver
- Strong communication skills to effectively engage with team members and customers
- General Managers' Certificate is desirable
- Forklift licence is desirable
- Current First Aid Certificate
This is a full time position working between 40 to 45 hours a week. Specific hours will be discussed.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
Applicants for this position must hold NZ citizenship/residency or the legal right to work in New Zealand
Permanent Full Time
Job no: EZFO8244661
Location: Auckland, Howick
Closing Date: Friday, 29 June 2018