NEW WORLD THORNDON
New World Thorndon is a premier supermarket in Wellington and a key point of difference is our great people.
We are looking for an exceptional, computer savvy, ‘hands on’ Grocery Buyer who has a strong supermarket or retail background. We’d like the successful candidate to possess the ability to develop and manage relationships with suppliers and manage purchasing of stock.
- Meeting with suppliers to ensure product opportunities are realised
- Creating daily orders with suppliers and using systems to process these efficiently
- Ensuring that the full range and sufficient quantity of products are available for sale at all times
- Creating and maximising increased sales opportunities and achieving and maintaining gross profit and store share targets
- Monitoring competitors pricing
- Ensuring in-store specials are invoiced correctly, and all buying records and documentation is up to date and accessible
- Ability to negotiate and bargain for the best possible prices
- Tremendous commitment and attitude with loads of initiative and enthusiasm to help promote and develop Grocery lines
- Well organised
- Able to meet budget targets and optimise product range
- Able to work individually and as part of the team are both necessary requirements
The position is full-time, including one weekend shift and extra hours when required.
Hours and remuneration will be discussed during an interview.
New World Thorndon Supermarket
150 Molesworth Street
Permanent Full Time
Job no: ECAN8244263
Location: North Island, Wellington, Wellington
Closing Date: Available for immediate start