We are looking for an exceptional, computer savvy, ‘hands on’ Grocery Buyer who has a strong supermarket or retail background. We’d like the successful candidate to possess the ability to develop and manage relationships with suppliers and manage purchasing of stock.
- Meeting with suppliers to ensure product opportunities are realised
- Creating daily orders with suppliers and using systems to process these efficiently
- Ensuring that the full range and sufficient quantity of products are available for sale at all times
- Creating and maximising increased sales opportunities and achieving and maintaining gross profit and store share targets
- Monitoring competitors pricing
- Ensuring in-store specials are invoiced correctly, and all buying records and documentation is up to date and accessible
- Ability to negotiate and bargain for the best possible prices
- Tremendous commitment and attitude with loads of initiative and enthusiasm to help promote and develop Grocery lines
- Well organised
- Able to meet budget targets and optimise product range
- Able to work individually and as part of the team are both necessary requirements
You must ensure that SAP processes are followed correctly and that the SAP data is maintained (including pricing and stock levels).
Please note that due to large number of applications we typically receive, we will only contact you if you are shortlisted for an interview.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Please email cover letter and cv to:
Permanent Full Time
Job no: EQAO8244446
Location: North Island, Northland, Whangarei
Closing Date: Unless filled prior