Home Delivery / Trolley Assistant
New World Newtown is looking for a Home Delivery / Trolley Assistant to join us, is required to deliver a customer's shopping order to their home or designated address on the nominated day and time, in a timely, safe manner whilst providing the highest standard of excellent customer service.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Ensure deliveries/orders are checked against the manifest to ensure correct quantity and quality of goods
- Load and unload deliveries/orders efficiently by adhering to Standard Operating Procedures and ensuring best practise guidelines are followed for storing orders/perishable goods and temperature checking
- Deliver orders to the correct delivery address by efficient use of route optimisation to minimise customer waiting times
- Ensure all restricted goods are delivered in accordance with ID checking procedures and policies
- If required, ensure items picked, packed, processed and invoiced for a customer's order is completed accurately and efficiently by adhering to standard operating procedures and ensuring that best practise guidelines for best before/use-by dates, weighted items, restricted items and substitutions are followed. Also, work in Grocery/Storeroom as needed.
- Communicate any feedback/issues to Management.
- Adhere to the food safety, health & safety and compliance policies and guidelines for the store
- Collect the trolley back to our Trolley Bay Area.
Applicants must have a valid, full, clean New Zealand driver's license. To be successful in this role, candidates must have the ability to prioritise and multi-task; must be physically fit and must have excellent communication and customer service skills. Full roster will be discussed during interview. Applicants must be available to work any day of the week and on weekend.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please apply this role online or email: James.email@example.com
Permanent Full Time
Job no: DZCR8244187
Location: Wellington, Wellington
Closing Date: Until the position is filled.